Bhutan’s tourism sector is regarded as one of the most exclusive travel destinations in the world. Today tourism is a vibrant business with a high potential for growth and further development.
The Royal Government of Bhutan adheres strongly to a policy of high value, low impact/volume tourism which serves the purpose of creating an image of exclusivity and high- yield for Bhutan.
To promote Bhutan as An exclusive travel destination based on Gross National Happiness (GNH) Values
• To develop and promote High value, Low impact tourism
• To create an enabling environment for a vibrant tourism industry; and
• To promote Bhutan as a year round destination and foster regional spread of tourism
• Tourism Planning & Policy
• Regulation and Monitoring
• Facilitation and Co-ordination
• Marketing and Promotion
• Development of Tourism Products and Services
• Human Resource Development