Notification on validation of Tour Operators.
In preparation for reopening of tourism on 23rd September 2022, the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) will be validating and assessing the readiness of service providers. All service providers will be assessed and only validated and certified business entities will be allowed to host tourists and conduct tourism business.
Therefore, TCB would like to notify the following:
1. Validation of Hotels and Tour Operators:
1. The validation of the hotels and tour operators will begin from 27th July, 2022.
2. The google forms for submission of applications are available on the TCB web site (www.tourism.gov.bt.) and will be open until 3rd August, 2022.
3. In view of the requirement for ALL guests to stay in TCB certified accommodations, the readiness assessment will be carried out ONLY for 3-star and above hotels. TCB will contact the hotels for on-site assessment to validate the readiness of services.
4. Please note that for both hotels and tour operators, ONLY online applications received within the deadline will be considered for validation. No walk-in applications will be entertained.
5. TCB will contact the tour operators for on-site assessment to validate the readiness of services, where necessary.
2. Validation of Homestays:
a. TCB will contact all homestays between 26th-31st July, 2022 to assess their readiness for operation and will subsequently conduct on-site assessments to validate their readiness.
TCB would like to inform all service providers that the validation will not be a one-time exercise. All service providers may continue to upgrade their services and apply for validation as and when ready (a separate notification will be issued after 15th October, 2022).
For queries and clarification, please contact TCB at email [email protected] or hotline numbers 2300 (for B-mobile users) and 2400 (for TashiCell users) between 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Tourism Council of Bhutan